The types of information we collect
How we use that information
The choices we offer, including how to access or update your own information, and
The steps we take to keep your information safe
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT
- We collect information when you browse the site
- When you visit the Site we collect data, much of which is anonymous. This data includes information such as: the type of browser and OS you use; the time and date that you visit; your IP address and the general geographical location the IP identifies you as being at; the address of the external or internal page that referred you; search terms you might have used to find our site, or if you used an email to access our site, what email you clicked on; and the pages on the site that you visit, possibly including the order of the pages you visit and any actions you take on a given page. We mostly use this information to figure out how people are using our site and what interests them, and we may also use it to diagnose issues with the site.
- We Collect Information When You Sign Up
- There are lots of reasons you might give us information:
- So you can follow us, or so we can put you on a mailing list
- So you can order something
- So you can report a problem with something
- So you can take advantage of our referral program
- So you can enter a contest
- So you can apply to a job
- So you can create an account, for example for the forums,
- So you can communicate with us via social media, for example our Facebook or Twitter or Instagram account, or
- To tell us your marketing preferences
- For example, there’s a box on our homepage that allows you to input your name and email address. No surprise, when you put your name and email in there, we keep them so that we can tell you about our launch and occasional company announcements or promotions.
- In any of the situations we list, we take the relevant information you give us and hold onto it for our records. In so doing, we may store information such as: your name; your email address; your username and password; the name of any referrer; the name of any people referred; your contact information, including any billing or shipping address/es; records of anything you order from us or request from us; and photos or other documents you may submit to us.
- If you submit a document or photo, it becomes Notch property. If you submit photos to us in any social media context, you thereby grant us permission to use that photo in print or online/electronically for any lawful purposes. Note that if you share information with us on a public social media site, that information may be seen by the general public and any other person or entity might collect and keep that information for their own purposes.
- We Collect Information When You Interact with Us on Social Media, or Use Social Media Buttons on our SiteYou may see Facebook “like” buttons or “share” buttons on our website, or similar buttons on our website or other social media sites. If you use those buttons, we may collect your IP address and where you were on our site or on social media when you used the button. These kinds of social media features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies providing them. Here are the policies of a few of those companies:
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
We do not rent or sell personally identifiable information to others.
We do share information with our vendors, as described in this policy, for the purposes described in this policy. These vendors are not authorized to use or disclose the information, other than to perform their services for us. For example, as we described above, we share information with MailChimp so that they can operate our mailing list, but they are not authorized to email you directly or share your information with others. The same applies to vendors who operate services for us such as: our forums, our referral program, our job application page, shipping, market research, and payment processing.
Finally, we might also share information in the following specific situations:
- If we receive your consent to do so;
- If we believe we have to in order to comply with a law, regulation, or valid legal process. If we are about to release your information, we will try to provide you with notice in advance, unless we are legally prohibited from doing so; and
We have adopted commercially reasonable technical, physical and administrative procedures to protect the confidentiality of the information that we collect on our site. In the event we become aware of a data breach where users’ personally identifiable information has been disclosed to unrelated third parties, we will make reasonable efforts to let any affected individuals know if we think there is a reasonable risk of harm to those users or if otherwise required to do so by law.
SORRY, NO KIDS UNDER 13
While we hope your kids will get a chance to try the Notch , it’s not something they should do without adult supervision, and our website is not directed at persons under 13. Consequently, we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with any personal information, we will take steps to delete such information. Any account that is created by a person under 13 will be terminated and any content created will be removed from the Site.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY